SAVOURY CHEESECAKE CRUMBLE PIE
450g cream cheese
1/4 cup / 60ml heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup / 60g shredded cheese (a strong cheese)
1/2 tsp ground pepper and ¼ tsp freshly ground Nutmeg
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup spinach, chopped
1 tablespoon. Butter
½ cup corn (blanched for 2-3 mins in hot water
1 green/ red chilly de-seeded and finely chopped (optional)
3/4 cup / 115g cooked bacon, crumbled (optional)
- Heat a tablespoon of butter in a pan. Add the spinach and keep stirring on medium heat until wilted. Add in corn, chilly and a pinch of salt. Let cool slightly before using.
- Preheat oven to 160°C Gas Mark 3.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and cream until smooth.
- Beat in cheese, nutmeg and pepper.
- Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Add the cooked spinach and corn and mix well with a spoon.
- Pour over prepared pie crust. Place pie in a large baking pan; add 1” of boiling water to larger pan.
- Bake for about 10-15 mins.Top with prepared topping (recipe given below) and continue baking for another 40 minutes.
- Place pie in a large baking pan; add 1” of boiling water to larger pan.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until center is just set and slightly wobbly.
- Cool cheesecake on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight.
- I prefer it warm.
Crumble Topping (savoury)
7-8 Plain Crackers/ 1 cup Cheeselings (crushed to coarse crumbs)
2 heaped tsps grated cheese
2 tblspns butter melted
1 tblspn flour
Salt & Pepper
Mix all the above in a bowl with your fingers.